I just set up this new forum!

Hello everyone!
I felt that with more than 10 thousands users it would have been nice to have a place to discuss, share your thoughts, exchange tips, diagrams, and in general have a well organized place to talk to each other.

The Facebook group has shown its limits, for starters you need a Facebook account, and not everyone does, also it is not customizable and it gets really confusing really fast, so I set up this forum, which I can tailor to the needs of our community.

You can log into the forum using your existing GS Editor account, no need for other registrations, you can just log in as usual, and come here to talk with others.

I set up a few basic categories to start with, and we’ll see how it goes from here. As always I’m open to suggestions if you have any.

Ciao!

1 Like

Great job!
This seems to be the first reply on the forum. Lucky me!

It is indeed the rirst reply.
It appears there were some problems with the login function, since you were able to reply it means that everything works fine now!

Thanks for the site and great tools. I’m not sure how I’m exactly going to use these tools, but it looks like they will come in handy soon with some guitar/music experiments.
Thanks!
-Tommy

1 Like

I created a fretboard image of notes in the key of E major. When I selected “show note names”, it showed all the sharp notes as corresponding flats (F# shown as Gb, G# as Ab and so on). How do I switch them over to sharps and not flats? Thank you.

Cheers, Jay! Just wanted to write a respectful and honest “congratulations” for making such an awesome website. I’ve discovered guitarscientist during the pandemic, it helped with online guitar lessons as I could explain to my students different scales and chords in realtime. Since then I’ve used it relatively constant. Took me a while to get used to the new version/layout but after spending some time with it, now it almost seems like second nature. I know I’m not using all the options it has as I don’t need all of them. But for my specific needs and interests, this is definitely the best thing I discovered, right after the guitar itself :)). I wish you all the best!

Hi, David. From the left side, click on “Notation” then click on the individual sharp note you’re interested in changing as a flat
Screenshot 2024-01-30 140406